I’m always trying to find healthy recipes suitable for the whole family to eat, and as we are trying to be healthy and save money this month I thought I’d make some soup using the leftover turkey from our Sunday roast last week.
For the stock
- 1 Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 1 stick of Celery
- Bouquet garni
- Bay leaf
For the soup
- left over turkey pieces
- one serving of noodles – cooked
- half a red chilli chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- I carrot finely chopped
- Pull the leftover meat from the turkey, and put to one side.
- Add a knob of butter to a large pan and brown a small onion, chopped carrot and celery.
- Add the remains of the turkey, bouquet garni, bay leaf and cover with water. Leave to simmer for 2 hours.
- Sieve the mixture and keep the stock to one side.
- Brown another onion and carrot in a large pan, and add half a chopped chilli.
- Add the stock, noodles and leftover turkey pieces, simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with parsley.
Z loved helping me make this, and enjoyed eating it even more.