How to make a Hansel and Gretel Costume for book week.
- Two semi enthusiatic children.
- One purple pinafore
- One white school top
- Two pairs of grey school socks
- One white T-shirt
- One pair of pirate pants ( stolen from another costume )
- One pair of holey jeans
- Small bag or a pocket
- Cut a few squares out of the old jeans.
- Sew squares onto pinafore and white T-shirt.
- When littlest child decides she wants to be a witch instead, tell her about the hours you spent sewing and the pricked fingers, then send to school as Gretel, but with spare witch costume in bag.
- Voila, two exceedingly cute kids.
You might be wondering how their clothes looks so sparkly clean? Especially those white T-shirts? I can tell you it’s all down to Ariel 3 in 1 pods. They have 3 separate compartments and not only clean, but remove stains and maintain brightness! I would 100% recommend them. They even removed spaghetti bolognese from two white school tops. You can find out more on the Ariel Facebook page.
We were sent the Ariel pods and a T-shirt to test out.
More book posts
Actually Mummy - Costume Ideas for Book Day
Parent Shaped – Celebrate Book Day with all the family
Emma and Three – World book day the reveal
Me and My Shadow – Little Red Riding Hood
Ana Mum Diary – Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe
Here come the Girls – Cat in the Hat