I am very pleased to be one of the 10 bloggers taking part in the Davina for Next fitness challenge. From today until the 15th February we will be on a ‘Get fit with Davina’ challenge.
For me, this will indeed be a challenge. Its been over 5 years since I did any exercise other than running around after the kids, to say I am unfit and out of practise at exercising is an understatement to say the least. My biggest problem is lack of time. I have the children all day and then am usually too tired in the evenings, but I have a plan.
- I’m going to fit in bits of exercise to my everyday activities, running up the stairs, a few lunges here and there and some squats. Hopefully the kids won’t think I’ve lost my mind.
- I’m going to get out and about with the children more. We are going to go on lots more bike and scooter rides even when the weather is rubbish.
- We are going to run around in the garden more.
- We are going to do sit ups and press ups together.
- I am going to try an evening/weekend run.
- I am going to choose healthier snacks.
- Drink less coffee.
- Drink more water.
My target for the next few weeks is to get myself back into a fitness routine, a healthier diet and generally feeling better about myself.
Davina and Next have sent us some great tips, so I’ll be keeping you posted on how I get on, and of course telling you what I think of my new trainers and fitness wear.
I especially like these tips for exercising in the home.