Welcome to week 3 of Counting Down to Christmas.
I wanted to make some home made presents this year, and I know I would love to be given a little bag of biscuits or a tree decoration, so we had a practice. We have tried LOTS of recipes lately and fiddled around with them, but finally settled on this one. It is amazing!
- 75g brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- I tablespoon treacle
- 95g butter
- 225g plain flour
- half a teaspoon of bicarb of soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Icing pens and little gold balls, or whatever you fancy really.
- Put the sugar, syrup, treacle ginger and cinnamon in a pan and bring to the boil, with 1 table spoon of water.
- Remove from the heat and add the butter.
- Stir in the flour slowly and knead until you have a nice smooth dough.
- Cover it up and leave somewhere cool for half an hour.
- Roll out the dough and use cookie cutters to make Christmas shapes. We used a straw to make holes at the top to thread the ribbon through later.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Decorate as you wish.
This is a blog hop, we’d love to see what decorations you’ve made, so please link up below.
Don’t forget to check out the other cohosts projects too.
Rainy Day Mum ~ Mummy Mummy Mum! ~ Life at the Zoo ~ The Fairy and The Frog~ Jennifer’s Little World ~ Making Boys Men ~ The Boy and Me ~ Mama Pea Pod
Don’t forget to check out week 1 and week 2 for more Christmas inspiration.
Also linked to Festive Friday.
these look lovely. i like your recipe. very organised to be making them in November! i’m hoping to try Salt dough tree decorations. B
Those look fab x
These look so fantastic, I must try making gingerbread with The Boy this year, he’ll love it.
Molly @Mother's Always Right
Tasty? Check. Pretty? Check. Easy? Check. *Runs off to add to list of many things to do for Christmas*
Ha ha, they were easy..but messy 🙂
Lovely! I’ll bake some closer to Christmas, as they won’t last before then, if I make any now.
Yes, we are a little early!
Chris at Thinly Spread
There is nothing quite so satisfying as a gingerbread decoration and their little faces are SO sweet! Thanks so much for linking this to Festive Friday! x
always a pleasure 🙂
crafts on sea
These look fab! Going to pin the pics of the decorations so I remember to make them 🙂
Thank you. x
Coombemill - Fiona
Great idea to hang them on the tree!
That look lovely and like they had a lot of fun.