I always have an ongoing list in my head or on bits of paper full of things that need to be done. It’s a pretty endless list, with items being added faster than they ‘re crossed off.
Last Christmas I remember being pretty stressful, everything seemed last minute with not much organisation or time for the fun stuff, for me at least. I’m sure the kids didn’t see it like that. In fact, I’m pretty sure they had a ball, but I was left wishing I’d done more, made it more special.
So, this year I have big plans. Plans to spend less time on the computer in the evening ( and hopefully the day ), get organised and do lots of fun stuff, including some bits just for me!
- Write cards before middle of November – essential task for a stress free December
- Buy gifts before December – leaving room for any last minute bargain shopping
- Kids write Christmas lists
- At least two stomps around a forest.
- See Santa – maybe at LEGOLAND
- Make Christmas decorations
- Make snuggle sack a la Thinly Spread
- Learn to crochet
- French knit a stickman for H
- Have a little Christmas party for H and her friends
- Make some gifts for Grandparents
- Print out photos
- Make photo book
- Birthday afternoon tea ( for me )
- Birthday drinks ( for me )
- Have a facial
- Get hair cut
Doesn’t that look like a happy list?
What do you wish you had time to do for yourself.