I’m not really known for domestic goddess skills, most days there’s washing hanging around on radiators and in the airing cupboard because somehow taking it out to the tumble dryer in the garage seems too much of a task. My washing frequently gets left in the machine so long it needs washing again and just yesterday I found half my son’s wardrobe hidden down the side of his bed. My house is clean but untidy thanks to my wonderfully creative ( messy ) little girls, no storage space and a seemingly endless amount of shoes, sports bags and muddy clothes.
Beko asked me to share the top washing tips my parents shared with me, if I’m honest I can’t really remember any apart from the obvious separating dark and whites. My Mum always ironed clothes and I am also an ironer, despite having many friends who claim to not iron anything, I STILL haven’t quite worked out how that’s possible, but in my nine years of being a parent ( HOW did that happen? ) I have learned a thing or two about washing.
Top Family Washing Tips
- Don’t overload your machine, it’s counter productive.
- ALWAYS check pockets, I have found many, many lego bricks and playmobil people in my machine recently.
- Keep whites separate, sounds obvious, but some of mine always slip through.
- Wash frequently, so it doesn’t build up to an unmanageable amount.
- Use non -bio for sensitive skin.
- Hang clothes outside to dry whenever possible.
What are your top family washing tips?
In association with Beko