H is almost 2 and half now, my beautiful placid baby who was always content to sit and watch the world go by is now a very cheeky, feisty and loving little girl.
I want to fix her sweetness and innocence in my mind so I don’t forget. I know from experience that memories fade, I can hardly remember how Z and S were at the same age and that makes me so sad.
I want to always remember:
- The way she flings her arms around my neck and says ‘you my best buddy’.
- The way she comes in to the study pulls my arm and says ‘I really need you very much, play with me Mummy‘.
- Tonight she wanted to play Jake and the Neverland Pirate, ‘you be Izzy Mummy, I be Jake‘, then marched me around the house.
- Yesterday as we left to pick S up from nursery she picked up a toy figure and said ‘I take Izzy, make S proud‘.
- I adore how she runs everywhere, how she pretends to make me tea with sugar, and spends hours doctoring me.
- How at the end of Monkey Music when the children lie on the blanket to ‘sleep’ she scrunches up her eyes tightly, making all the other mums laugh.
- How when she spilled a drink today she asked me to put her on the radiator to dry.
- How when we go to bed, she stumbles into our darkened room ten minutes later hair all in her face looking like ET.
- How every now and then she remembers something random. When we leave the house and pass the mat where the reindeer food was sprinkled she wants to know if they ate it, when we go to the park she always wants to see the dogs with coats.
- How she asks for medicine for hiccups.
- How she puts her arms around my neck and gives the best squeezy hugs.
- How she barrels towards me to try to knock me over.
- My gorgeous, funny baby girl.