If you’re looking for fun activities to do with your toddler that aren’t too messy, you’ll LOVE this list of non messy toddler science experiments. We’ve got crafts, science experiments and sensory activities too!
- Explore shadows with Gruffalo! Combine bedtime reading and simple science and ease your toddler into sleep.
- Drawing is fun for kids and quick activity to prepare for parents and teachers. But, where is the science in drawing? They will learn about leaf symmetry as they draw the second half of the leaf.
- Life cycle as a wearable fashion statement? Yes! Invite your toddlers to assemble butterfly life cycle necklace as you teach them about butterflies or read The Hungry Caterpillar. My toddler adores this book!
- Explore mixing of the primary colours without mess using a sensory bag. Your toddler will work on their visual and fine motor skills during this simple science activity.
- During winter, we found this super easy science experiment – measuring melting snow as it transforms into water to be great fun!
- Spiders! Always fun for kids of all ages! Toddlers will have a blast playing with a climbing spider and trying to get it to claim up to the top.
- Another bug experiment although without an actual bug – explore static electricity with a butterfly and a balloon.
- Put together a mess-free magnetic exploration center using sensory bottles. You will need a magnet wand or a stronger magnet for this scientific activity.
- Observe growing crystals on feathers! Toddlers will enjoy observing an obvious change. You can use other items for growing crystals or you can try growing sugar candies!
- You could never guess how strong the paper can be! We explored the strength of shaped paper pillars as we pilled up the books on top. This science activity can literally be prepared in seconds with items you already own in your home!
- When it comes to exploring four seasons and weather changes, we love how containing weather in sensory bottles prevents mess and allows children to explore seasons all year long.
- Can you guess the scent without seeing the source? You will need a few paper bags to prepare this easy science exploration for toddlers.
- We mentioned colour mixing using sensory bags before. Now, we have another way to explore mixing of the primary colours – in a colour mixing sensory bottles. You can try both!
- Magnet mazes are another way to explore magnetism with young children. They can be created in seconds with these mini magnetic mazes.
- When the sun is shining outside, it is the perfect time to make solar prints! There are many ideas around the web but dinosaur crazed toddlers love dino solar prints the most!
- Watching growing plants is a satisfying experience for kids. Set on your window a little sprout house and let your toddler observe growing plants over time.
- Most kids love playing with balloons. Use it as an opportunity for a little science experiment. Let them guess how many balloons need to lift a bag!
- Explore the science of liquids without mess! Make lava lamp sensory bags and let the child squish them to make as many bubbles as possible!
Can you think of any more non messy toddler science experiments ?