I like to make snacks for Z’s packed lunch myself when I can ( which sometimes isn’t very often ), but this flapjack recipe is so easy that I’ve already made them twice this week.
The basic recipe is:
- 85g unsalted butter
- 85g soft brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon golden syrup
- 125g porridge oats
- Place the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a pan and melt, stirring continuously.
- Once melted add the porridge oats.
- I then add a few handfuls of pumpkin seeds, chopped hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, raisins and even some chopped dark chocolate. Anything goes!
- Place in a baking tray and bake in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees for about 15 minutes.
I’ve also been using my combination microwave from Panasonic on combination 180 for 12 minutes, they come out perfectly!
These are brilliant for packed lunches, snacks on the go or special treats.
Do you have a favourite flapjack recipe?