As a base I used the following recipe from Sainsbury’s website, you can see another great recipe here.
- 125g unsalted butter
- 125g unrefined demerara sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 175g porridge oats
- 50g ready to eat apricots, roughly chopped
- 75g sunflower seeds
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 160°C, fan 140°C, gas 3. Grease a 18cm square tin.
- Step 2: Place the butter, sugar and syrup into a saucepan and with an adult helping, melt over a moderate heat.
- Step 3: Remove from the heat and stir in the oats, apricots and sunflower seeds.
- Step 4: Pour the mixture into the square tin and press down with the back of a spoon..
- Step 5: Carefully place in the oven using oven gloves and bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Step 6: Remove from the oven and cut into 10 fingers and leave to cool in the tin.
Sainsbury’s sent me a voucher to buy the ingredients for this challenge.