I can’t take credit for this, my hubby made it for the kids, but it was delicious. He did cheat and use a ready made base, but everything else was fresh and healthy.
Pizza Topping – for 1 base
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves
half a large onion
1 teaspoon of basil in white wine vinegar (cheats basil)
half a tin of chopped tomatoes
(optional half a red chilli)
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon tomato puree
1 teaspoon of brown sugar (white will do)
splash of red wine
Season as appropriate
- Heat extra virgin olive oil
- Add finely chopped garlic (don’t let it burn)
- Add finely chopped onion
- Add Finely chopped Spinach
- Add finely chopped chillies (optional)
- Add Basil
- Get the temperature high then add the tomatoes, vinegar, sugar and puree
- Reduce down to a thick creamy consistency and allow to cool before spreading on your pizza bases.
Then go wild with your toppings.
Thinly sliced chicken
Z and S had a great time adding the toppings and were very excited when the pizza came out of the oven. It was definitely a big hit.