I wanted to make some home made presents this year, and I know I would love to be given a little bag of biscuits or a tree decoration, so we had a practice. We have tried LOTS of recipes lately and fiddled around with them, but finally settled on this recipe. It is amazing!
- 75g brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- I tablespoon treacle
- 95g butter
- 225g plain flour
- half a teaspoon of bicarb of soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Icing pens and little gold balls, or whatever you fancy really.
- Put the sugar, syrup, treacle ginger and cinnamon in a pan and bring to the boil, with 1 table spoon of water.
- Remove from the heat and add the butter.
- Stir in the flour slowly and knead until you have a nice smooth dough.
- Cover it up and leave somewhere cool for half an hour.
- Roll out the dough and use cookie cutters to make Christmas shapes. We used a straw to make holes at the top to thread the ribbon through later.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Decorate as you wish.
linked up to: